29 Jun 09 | Re: The future is NOW
Everyone’s talking about Web 1.5, the futuristic new way of sharing enriched digital content that is going to change the way we all live for ever. But just what is Web 1.5?
- Web 1.5 combines the best of the information super-highway with real-world information streams.
- Web 1.5 is sending an email, then ringing up to see if it’s arrived.
- Web 1.5 is waiting to see someone in the pub to tell them what you thought of their last blog entry.
- Web 1.5 is spending hours trying to find a book in the shops before you’ll consider getting it off Amazon.
- Web 1.5 is only visiting websites you see recommended in the Guardian Guide.
- Web 1.5 is posting something witty on Twitter (or in your Facebook status - they’re the same thing), but also saying it to everyone you meet, sometimes twice, in case they haven’t read it yet.
- Web 1.5 is only writing LOL if you actually laugh out loud, and never writing ROFL because you’ve stopped by the time you get back to the keyboard.
[Back to main blog]
[Or dive into the blarchive...]